Smart Toilet Bursts Into Flames While In Use
Toilets in Asia are on a whole new level than the ones here in the United States. The toilets on the other side of the world have many options like heated seats, self-sanitizing, not to mention having the ability to play music and spray air freshener. Even though their porcelain thrones are much more advanced, these futuristic poop collectors can have some dangerous side effects.
According to a report, a Chinese man was put in the position of having to save his own ass…literally…after the smart toilet he was perched on burst into flames.
After the unnamed man took his seat of honor, he began to take care of business. Suddenly a smell he was NOT familiar with filled the air, no not that smell. There was a “smell of smoke.” When there is smoke there is usually fire!
From there, “plumes of white smoke” started rising up from the toilet bowl. Then, just as the guy jolted up from the seat, the toilet “burst into flames.” The cause of the toilet fire is believed to be a short circuit, and not some spicy Szechuan that didn’t agree with the guy.
Smart toilet malfunctions and ignites on fire while being used
Check out a small clip of the toilet fire that was shared on TikTok below.
Look at that blazing inferno! What’s even more surprising is that this was likely a technical issue and not just the result of Taco Bell bringing back their Volcano menu. James had a similar experience the last time it happened but a quick flush remedied his situation. No real fire and no fire department call had to be made.
In addition to the video above you can see pictures of the aftermath here.
The toilet now looks like the Darth Vader mask that Kylo Ren kept in Star Wars.