There’s an add on to Howl-O-Scream tickets you can buy called the No-Boo Necklace. It’s available at the Howl-O-Scream events at both Tampa and Orlando. The purpose is, exactly what you think it is. You don’t want to be scared.
To solve the problem of people who want to come to the Halloween event, but not be scared, the theme park has added the “scaredy cat” necklace for attendees who don’t want to be scared by the actors roaming the park. I had no idea, but there are people who want to come to the Howl-O-Scream and not be scared. Perhaps your girlfriend (or boyfriend) wants to spend time with you at the park but doesn’t like the jump-scares. Or maybe instead of being scared you just want to enjoy the theme of the park. It really is quite amazing the way they decorate for Halloween.
Here’s the description from the upgrades page:
Don’t want to be scared? Purchase a No-Boo Necklace to let our monsters know not to scare you!
● Necklace does not guarantee a scare free evening.
● Our monsters will do their best to avoid you, but some initial contact may occur.
● NO BOO necklace may not be worn in houses and on rides.
So, on top of buying the ticket to go to a Halloween event, you can add $15 to the total and be protected from the monsters who roam the park. But not in the haunted houses! Wait, what? That’s right, the necklace doesn’t work in the houses. And not on the rides.
If you’re looking for an upgrade and you do want to get scared, ditch the No-Boo Necklace – my favorite is the ULTIMATE VIP TOUR.
A little pricey at $250 extra a person but it comes with:
Create your own up to 7-hour experience with a private tour guide, exclusive experiences and unlimited access to haunted houses and thrill rides. Minimum of two guests.
● Admission to Howl-O-Scream and customizable private tour
● Unlimited front-of-the line access to haunted houses & thrill rides
● One-time front-of-the line access to Iron Gwazi
● Private complimentary beverage locations that include beer, wine, water and soft-drinks
● Complimentary photo & reserved seating at the Fiends show
● Complimentary preferred parking (Subject to availability)
If you can swing the price, it’s soooo worth it. The guide gives you background on the houses, then brings you right to the front of the line. In front of everybody. And the price comes with drinks. I will warn you though, rest up. Because you don’t wait in any lines you do a lot of walking.