Why were you The
Worst Kid EVER?
Dave & Chuck The Freak want you to let them know what you have done to your mom over the years that could make you the Worst Kid EVER! Fill out the entry form and tell us what you have done that might make your mom think you are the “worst”.
Those of you that are the BEST of the WORST, will win a $500 Gift Card to Steven Singer Jewelers to get something for your mom to make up for what a horrible kid you were!
Get the ultimate Mother’s Day gift from Steven Singer Jewelers
Tell us why you were
the "Worst Kid Ever"
Submit your story below for a chance to win
Dave & Chuck The Freak’s “Worst Kid EVER” Multi-Market Contest
These rules apply to Dave & Chuck The Freak’s “Worst Kid EVER” Multi-Market Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WRIF(FM), WBOS(FM), WPBB(FM), and WRXK-FM (each a “Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wrif.com, https://rock929rocks.com/, www.987theshark.com, and www.96krock.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on April 8, 2019 and end at 9:59am ET on May 1, 2019.
- Each entry must include a short essay of up to two hundred fifty (250) words maximum explaining why they have been the “worst kid ever” and want to win the prize (“Essay”). Any Essay that exceeds two hundred fifty (250) words will be edited by the Station to include only the first two hundred fifty (250) words prior to judging. Each Essay must be the entrant’s original creative work and must not be protected by copyright; each nominator must have the right to submit it. Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to edit any Essay to preserve confidentiality and further reserves the right to disqualify any Essay if such is inappropriate or unsuitable for public display, broadcast, or posting on the Station’s website (i.e., must be radio clean). Essays that do not comply will not be eligible. By submitting an Essay, all entrants agree that they have permission to post the Essay and grant Station permission to read their Essay on-air and to post their Essay on www.wrif.com, https://rock929rocks.com/, www.987theshark.com, and www.96krock.com for promotional purposes.
- There will be up to a total of four (4) winners selected in this multi-market Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in the Detroit Metro Area, consisting of the following Michigan counties: Lenawee, Monroe, Wayne, Washtenaw, Jackson, Hillsdale, Ingham, Livingston, Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair, Lapeer, Genesee, and Shiawassee; and the following Ohio Counties: Lucas, Fulton, and Williams; Florida; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; and Rhode Island, except where prohibited by law.Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to four (4) Prizes will be awarded. Each Prize consists of a five hundred dollar ($500) gift card to Steven Singer Jewelers. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $500. The gift card will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift card. Gift cards are not refundable or transferable and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will gift cards be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the winner’s local participating Station (as instructed at the time of winning), Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to four (4) winners will be selected as follows:
Up to one (1) winner will be selected at approximately 11:00am ET via Station judging from all combined eligible Essay submissions received on each Station’s website up until the time of judging on each of the following dates: April 10, 17, 24, and May 1, 2019.
Station judges will review all online submissions and select one (1) Essay as the winning submission for that judging date. Up to two (2) runner up Essay submissions may be selected in the event that the entrant who provided the weekly winning Essay submission cannot confirm acceptance of the Prize. Any non-winning submissions received, including selected runner up submissions, will automatically rollover and be eligible for selection during later judging dates until the conclusion of the Contest.
- Winning Essay submissions will be determined based on the creativity, storytelling, and relevance of the essay in regards to Mother’s Day and the topic of what they have done to deserve winning the Prize.
- Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to win.
- Potential winners will be contacted by the Station on the designated judging dates via phone and/or email. If a winner(s) cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected as described above.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wrif.com, https://rock929rocks.com/, www.987theshark.com, or www.96krock.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of each participating Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the participating Station.