A historic building in Fort Myers is set to be demolished this week. The building used to be a Fort Myers train station between 1927 and 1952, and then became the Reilly Brothers Hardware Store.
The building is near near 3026 E. Riverside Drive, north of Palm Beach Boulevard, just east of downtown Fort Myers.
Apparently, Henry Ford used to use the train station when he wanted to arrive in Fort Myers in secret.
The Reilly Brothers took over the building in 1968 and closed down in 2007.
Lee County issued the demolition permit on July 22nd.