Since the outbreak of the coronavirus, it’s hard to keep up with what stores are open and what’s closed in Southwest Florida. We’ve compiled a list to help keep you informed:
According to the Lee County Government website:
- Adoption Center and Lost and Found (stray animals) will be appointment only as of Wednesday, March 18. Call 239-533-7387.
- Animal Services clinic will restrict work to emergency procedures only as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Animal Control Officers will continue to respond to emergency calls as of Wednesday, March 18.
Human and Veteran Services
- Human and Veteran Services lobby is closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Client services will be provided by phone and internet.
- All Libraries are closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Online services will remain available.
Parks & Recreation
- Recreation Centers, Pools, Dog Parks, Tennis Courts, and Pickleball Courts are closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Programs, Organized Sports and Rentals are canceled as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Parks and preserves will remain open. The public is encouraged to practice Social Distancing.
Special Event Permits
- Special Event permits for public gatherings of greater than 1,000 people that require County approval will not be issued for the next 30 days.
- Events using County property will not be permitted for the next 30 days.
- Building permits are not currently impacted.
- The Utilities Lobby located at 7391 College Parkway is closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Drive-by and Drop-off Services will be available. Online and phone services will continue to be available.
- Lee County Utilities will be suspending water shut-offs until further notice, according to the county. For more information, click here.
- In-person toll operation will stop as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Collections will take place via Transponder and Toll-by-Plate.
Continued Lee County Services
- Lee Tran
- Solid Waste
- Community Development (Building Permits)
- Public Safety
Restaurants & Businesses
- Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday morning that all Florida bars and nightclubs will close after 5 p.m. and will remain closed for 30 days.
- Publix: All stores will close at 8 p.m. until further notice.
- Dunkin: The company will be limiting its service to drive-thru, carry out and delivery.
- McDonald’s: The restaurant is closing their dining rooms but will keep their take-out, delivery and drive-thru service open.
- Walmart: CNN reports Walmart’s more than 4,700 US stores will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. for now.
- Starbucks Coffee: In-store seating areas are closed, but take-out and drive-thru remain open.
- Chick-Fil-A: Dining areas will be closed, but take out and drive-thru are available.
- Seminole Hard Rock and Casino: Hard Rock Event Center shows and Pool Parties have been called off, but the casino remains open.
- LA Fitness: Closed March 16 until at least April 1.
- Sam’s Club: Starting Tuesday, March 17, stores will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday hours will remain from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Aldi: Some stores have temporarily closed, or have limited hours.
- Trader Joes: All stores are open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Zaxby’s restaurant chain is moving to drive-thru only.
- All Seminole Casinos in Florida will close Friday 3/20 at 6pm
Mall Stores/ Shopping Centers
- Coconut Point Mall will close most retails sores until March 29.
- Waterside Shops in Naples will close until March 29. However, many of their restaurants will remain open for the time being.
- Sephora will be closed until at least April 3.
- Abercrombie & Fitch stores will be closed until at least March 28.
- Disney stores, Macy’s, Gap, J. Crew, Lush, Nike, Bath & Bodyworks, Nordstrom, T-Mobile, and Ulta are all closed until further notice.
- Adidas is closing all of its U.S. stores until further notice.
- Foot Locker is closing all of its stores through the end of March.
- Walgreens: Stores and pharmacies are operating with normal hours.
- CVS: Stores and pharmacies are operating with normal hours.
- Lee County-owned beaches and the Fort Myers Beach Pier will close until further notice.
- Collier County beach parking facilities will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The City of Naples closed beaches, including the Naples Pier, until March 30.
- The City of Sanibel has also closed all public beaches.
NBC2 reported the following Beach Parks and Beach Accesses are to close:
- Bonita Beach Park
- Bowditch Point Park
- Bowman’s Beach Park
- Causeway Islands
- Crescent Beach Family Park
- Little Hickory Island Beach Park
- Lynn Hall Memorial Beach Park
- Matanzas Pass Preserve
- San Carlos/Bunche Beach Preserve
- Turner Beach Park
- Alison Hagerup Beach Park
- Andy Rosse Lane paddle craft launch
- Boca Grande Beach Accesses
- Bonita Beach Accesses
- Dog Beach Park
- Estero Islands Beach Access
- Matanzas Bridge Fishing Pier
- Seminole Casinos across the State will close after 6 p.m. on Friday, March 20.
- AMC Theatres: Announced March 17 all locations are closed for 6 to 12 weeks.
- Gosalino Children’s Museum is closed until further notice.
- Naples Zoo officials announced it will remain closed through March 31 at a minimum.
*This article will continuously be updated.