INK JUST ROCKS CONTEST
- 1. HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The Ink Just Rocks Contest will begin Thursday, May 1st, 2014 and will end when the contest is terminated. (“Promotion”)
- To participate in the contest, users will click on the “Ink Just Rocks” contest graphic located on the home page or contest page of the website of 96 K Rock (WRXK) at www.96krock.com. And upload/submit a photo of their tattoos. Participants must also complete all fields on the contest form to be entered into contest.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who are legal U.S. residents and reside in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, Sarasota, Manatee or Glades Counties. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of Florida residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, Sarasota, Manatee and Glades Counties.
- Contestants are eligible to win a Station contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
- 3. PRIZES
- Each month, one winner will receive a $100 voucher for West Coast Tattoos, located 17274 San Carlos Blvd. Suite 201, Ft. Myers Beach, FL 39931.
- Prize is not transferable and may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- 4. SELECTION OF WINNERS
- One (1) winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries. Winners will be selected on the first business day of each month.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- The winner will be contacted by phone or email no later than 5pm on the first business day following the last day of any given month. One winner will be selected each month to receive the prize.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- 5. CONDITIONS
- WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station, as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, contestant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian (if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release with ten (10) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternative winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Station reserves the right to end a contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication at Station’s website.
- Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of Station.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
- The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WRXK at 20125 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Station.
6. INTERNET RULES
a. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
b. Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
c. The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
d. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
e. To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
f. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
7. FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO
a. Nudity is not permitted in photo entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
b. Each contestant’s photo entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo which grants the Station the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the photo on its website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo entry.